Friday, July 9, 2010

update!

Figures I would never actually keep up with this blog.

Last post was in March? and its July.

Well due to the fact I don't know how to upload pictures on my website, its rather out-of-date.
I need to figure that out, its such a pain to show professionals old work that do not represent me well.

Anyway,

Three photoshoots, I think have, past since the Twins.

The first was Sam Farrier's shoot. At the time I was under the impression that photographers can work for modeling agencies, so I inquired to shoot for one thinking that they would put me on a list and hire me. Thats not how it works.

Q Modeling Agency had responded and wanted to let me use one of their models for what is known as a Test Photoshoot. This is where photographers borrow a model from a modeling agency, usually the model is new, and does a free photoshoot for them. This enables the photographer and the model to the build their portfolio. Which I did not know at the time.

Anyway, I was planning the shoot with the representative via email. I was going to shoot one male and one female model from that agency.

So Sam Farrier was the first model. The location was in Pasadena, City Hall. I don't know if you have ever been there but it is beautiful, the architecture and the mood makes you feel like your in a different country.

I'm not a fan of male models just wearing underwear and having a nice body, so I thought suits & vests was adequate enough.

I gave him my glasses to work with and it actually turned out very well. He's pictures came out better when he was wearing the glasses as oppose to when he wasn't.

See for yourself.

the reflection shows

hidden behind the glass



This is him without sunglasses, which turned out pretty good as well.

bold

tired

problem was, when i sent it into the agency, they said,

"Hey Brandon, we are still going through them, but thank you for sending them. Also, for future reference we can’t use any images with sunglasses."

So that was pretty awesome.
All that and they can't even use it? blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment